Team Leader Project Delivery
A great Leadership opportunity exists to enjoy a diverse workload with strong professional development in a supportive team environment
Working with Wodonga Council
Wodonga is a vibrant and growing city ideally situated on the Murray River in a stunning natural environment with surrounding hills, rich agricultural valleys, adjacent wineries and historic towns. Wodonga is one of the fastest growing cities in Victoria and is in the midst of a major city redevelopment. Becoming part of our organisation comes with a great pride of working for our community.
Wodonga Council is an equal opportunity employer and provides many benefits for staff, including employee health and wellbeing programs, flexible work arrangements and career pathways and opportunities.
People enjoy working at Wodonga Council because we are an organisation that prides itself on having a positive and supportive culture. We are committed to ongoing learning and development opportunities to grow and enhance the skills of our staff. We have a strong commitment to the Council’s corporate values of trust, integrity, learning and respect.
Reporting to the Manager Infrastructure and Projects, this position will be responsible for the management of a project team in the efficient and effective delivery of council’s annual Capital Works program. The position will also assist in the development of the Long Term Capital Works plan.
This leadership role is a great opportunity to work with a large and dynamic organisation that will provide development opportunities. Our city is undergoing continuous and significant development and you will have the opportunity to be part of this growth and the continued revitalisation of our Central Business Area.
If you are excited at the prospect of making a real difference working on significant projects in an innovative and collaborative organisation, we’d love to hear from you.
As the successful candidate, you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering and/or Project Management with substantial experience in the delivery of municipal infrastructure projects.
- Substantial experience within project management, design, construction and contractor management across a range of projects. Demonstrated by experience in managing project budgets and programs. Excellent time management and organisational skills including planning, budgeting and reporting on capital works projects.
- Demonstrated experience in the management of a multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in project management techniques, tools and methodologies, covering all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Well developed client relations skills and extensive experience in negotiating directly with clients to determine needs and resolve differences.
While this role is advertised as full time, Council will consider flexible working arrangements.
Successful applicants will be required to provide a copy of a current (within the last 3 months) National Police Check prior to commencement.
Any enquiries regarding this position may be directed to Theo Panagopoulos, Manager Infrastructure and Projects on (02) 6022 9244
Applicants will be required to address the key selection criteria (~150 words each), and provide a resume and brief cover letter. Support on how to address selection criteria can be found here.
Applications close March 2, 2020